ACID CANNES 2020 - SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Films must fulfil the following requirements:
- Feature films (fiction and documentaries running time 60minutes minimum)
- Films with no previous release in French theatres, television broadcast, internet or VOD.
- Films not selected in Berlin / Venice / Locarno
- Screening formats in Cannes: DCP with French and English subtitles
- Films produced after May 1st 2019 * For films without a French distributor
- Films produced for cinema (no television film)
NB: Films that have been submitted for previous editions will not be reconsidered for ACID Cannes 2020, even under a new editing.
The film submission has opened on Monday, December 16th and will close on Wednesday, March 18th 2020. All DVD's and submission forms have to be received at ACID offices by that date.
* Thank you to send your film as soon as possible if the film is ready.
- EARLYBIRD fees: only 30€ if you send your film before January 7h
- 50€ from January 8th till March 1st
- 80€ from March 2nd till March 18th
For more information:
Festivals et Événementiel
+33 (0)1 44 89 99 74
The ACID programme at the Cannes International Film Festival was created in 1993. Films are chosen by fifteen or so filmmakers, members of the association. It screens nine feature films, fiction and documentary, chosen among hundreds of works from all around the world.
ACID filmmakers follow their love for a film and wish to give visibility to directors whose work is scarcely distributed, in order to facilitate a theatrical release.
The screenings, open to professionals and also to the public are all followed by Q&As with the films' crews and ACID filmmakers who supported the films.
The films shown in Cannes are then accompanied by ACID and its filmmakers in the various stages of the theatrical release (search for distributors / promotion / programming / organization of the Q&A's / audience research).
During the Cannes Film Festival, ACID (Association for the Distribution of Independant Cinema) presents nine feature films. This programme is shown at Palais des festivals & Les Arcades, Studio 13, Alexandre III, movie theaters in Cannes.
Among authors whose first features were programmed in ACID Cannes are: Lucas Belvaux, Serge Bozon, Djinn Carrénard, Vincent Dieutre, Rachid Djaïdani, Benoit Forgeard, Alain Gomis, Arnaud et Jean-Marie Larrieu, Hicham Lasri, Ursula Meier, Avi Mograbi, Yolande Moreau et Gilles Porte, Nathan Nicholovitch, Ioanis Nuguet, Nicolás Pereda, Pierre Schoeller, Claire Simon, Justine Triet…
Publié le lundi 16 octobre 2017
Mis à jour le lundi 16 décembre 2019